COVID-19 Assistance Packages & Grant Support
Current Details as of 22/3/22
Business Victoria – Jobs Victoria Fund
Business Victoria is offering wage subsidies of up to $20,000 to cover the costs of employing a new employee who are part of a group impacted by COVID-19, otherwise known as “priority jobseekers.” These groups, listed on the Business Victoria website, include:
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people
- jobseekers registered with a Jobs Victoria Mentor service
- people unemployed for six months or more
- newly arrived migrants from non-English speaking backgrounds
- women aged 45 years and over
- people seeking asylum/refugees
- people with disability
- single parents
- men and people who do not identify as a woman aged 45 years and over
- young people aged under 25
- people previously or currently employed under the Working for Victoria initiative.
Check your eligiblity before applying on this page.
Once you confirm your eligibility, you can apply using the Business Victoria portal here.
Balance Tax is happy to help answer any queries or help determine your eligibility if you need a hand! Book in for a consultation with our business advising team here to ask any questions you might have.
Business Victoria – Mentoring and Mental Health Support for Small Business
The Victorian Government is currently offering various mentoring programs for small business owners with business advisors, financial counsellors, and mental health specialists. These programs are ongoing and you can find more information here.