Why Balance Tax Accountants?
Because… tax feels better with Balance Tax Accountants
When you become a Balance Tax Accountants client, we want you to feel valued and supported.
We’ll never treat you like a number because we honestly think you’re the bee’s knees. Fact – We don’t even assign our clients numbers!
‘The BTA team ACTUALLY cares and are all so lovely. The way they carry out their
business via booking links and emails makes my life so much easier.
And they talk to you like humans in a way you can understand what is going on.’
Lucy, Salon Owner
Stress-free online tax & accounting for super-savvy small business owners
Getting on top of your numbers sends stress packing, puts a little pep in your step and helps you feel relaxed about your tax.
Here at Balance Tax Accountants, you can rely on us to be *on your side*, which means:
- You’ll be listened to – without judgement – so we can help you make choices about your finances that set you up for success.
- You won’t be confused by tax talk. We use plain and simple language all the way, so you can ask questions, understand where you’re at and where you’re going next…
- When you’re excited about growing your business – we are too! We make tax and accounting as easy (and fun) as possible, so you can grow with confidence.
If you can feel that tax stress melting away, Balance Tax Accountants was created for you!
‘I feel SO different about my business numbers now. Because you’ve made it so damn easy to know what’s going on – *growing* my business feels easier than ever.’
Diana Todd – Tax Boss
When Diana Todd left a starring role in America’s corporate accounting sector to go travelling, she headed for Asia.
A few years later, she arrived in Perth bringing her boundless enthusiasm for all things tax to li’l ole Western Australia.
But Diana’s not just a registered tax accountant (aka tax brainiac) – she’s a thinker, planner, strategist and a helluva listener.
And, when she heard so many of Perth’s small business owners talking about their tax and accounting struggles and shortfalls, Diana stepped up.
‘I saw a need in the marketplace. So, I decided to create the business, the structure, the systems and the *personal experience* that people kept telling me they wanted in an accounting firm – but couldn’t find.’
When our fearless founder launched Balance Tax Accountants in 2015 – she had every intention of shakin’ things up. And she did.
Here’s the story so far…
The Side Hustle
- Diana’s corporate IT gig kept her working 9-5 but after hours, the small biz world had her attention. She burnt through plenty of midnight oil getting her trailblazing tax team up and running, but it was worth it. Diana launched Balance Tax Accountants (BTA), committed to the Cloud and making the practice 100% paperless, and introduced our first online service.
2016 & 2017
The Mobile Accountant
- Word of mouth spread fast. There was a new kind of accountant in town and clients were queuing up. So, on weekends and each night after work, Diana drove all over Perth to carry out tax consults. When she got home, she got stuck into tax returns and the hustle continued.
The Main Hustle
- Diana quit her day job! Her workdays were 100% dedicated to Balance Tax Accountants. She moved her growing team into a shared office space in West Perth. It was a little squeezy – but oh-so satisfying.
The Warehouse HQ
- Diana and the team transformed a vacant warehouse into BTA’s first independent HQ. At the same time, they created a cool functions space for Perth’s small biz community to hire. Fun times, baby.
100% Online Accountants
- The practice became 100% online and continued to add super-convenient services and business training. With the consistent growth of clients, we expanded our team.
100% Online Award-Winning Practice
- We finished our time-saving transition to a 100% online tax practice – yayy! And when things got scary (thanks COVID), Diana focused on stress relief for our clients. She untangled the newly minted stimulus packages then shared all the deets in plain English on our website and Instagram.Despite the challenges, 2020 ended on a high. Balance Tax Accountants was recognised as an award-winning accountancy practice by our national industry body, the Institute of Public Accountants. You read that right – Balance Tax Accountants was named WA IPA Practice of the Year 2020!