Service NSW – Small Business Fees and Charges Rebate
Current Details as of 14/06/22
Service NSW has recently announced a new Small Business Fees and Charges Rebate that helps businesses recover from the impacts of COVID-19 and encourages growth by reducing the cost of running a business.
If you’re a sole trader, the owner of a small business or a not-for-profit organisation in NSW, you may be eligible for a small business fees and charges rebate of $3,000.
Funds can be used to offset the costs of eligible NSW and local government fees and charges due and paid from 1 March 2021. These include, but are not limited to:
- food authority licences
- liquor licences
- tradesperson licences
- event fees
- outdoor seating fees
- council rates
- road user tolls for business use.
View the full list of eligible fees and charges: https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/system/files/2022-05/eligible-fees-and-charges-small-business-rebate.pdf
These government grants can be tricky to navigate and apply for, so the BTA team has put together a quick checklist for you and is available to help you apply! Click here to book in.
Here’s what you need to know to determine your eligibility and, if you’re eligible, apply for the payments:
If your business:
- have total Australian wages below the NSW Government 2020–21 payroll tax threshold of $1.2 million
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) registered in NSW and/or have business premises physically located and operating in NSW.
Only small businesses with employees are eligible to claim 50% of the cost of RATs, up to the rebate value of $3,000. Businesses without employees will not be able to use the rebate to claim the cost of RATs.
How do I apply?
- Start an application under your Service NSW account
- Your proof of identity (Australian driver’s license, medicare card, Australian passport, Australian birth certificate, Australian travel visa, Australian citizenship certificate, Australian certificate of registration by descent, Australian immicard)
- You’ll need a valid ABN/CAN
- You’ll need to provide your business banking details for payment
- You’ll need to supply supporting documents (Invoice or receipt that includes a business name, showing that you’ve paid the eligible fee or charge, accountant letter, etc.) See this webpage https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/small-business-fees-and-charges-rebate#documents on the Service NSW website for a complete list of acceptable supporting documents.
Applications must be submitted by 24/06/2022
Overwhelmed by all the to-dos? Balance Tax can help! Book in for our grant support package here and we’ll get in touch to collect the information we need.