Terms and Conditions
Please be aware when booking in a service with Balance Tax Accountants that we do not offer refunds under any circumstances including change of mind. We do offer store credit to be used for future services up to the equivalent of the value paid, and store credit must be redeemed within 3 months of original purchase. This refund policy is strictly enforced and adhere’s to ACCC requirements.
Email us at [email protected] with any questions about our Refund Policy.
Terms and Conditions
6. Data Storage.
We store and access your data on servers in Singapore & Vietnam.
Addendum for additional services related to Coronoavirus (COVID-19) assistance measures
Thank you for your instructions to provide professional services with respect to COVID-19 assistance measures. This includes measures introduced by:
- Federal, State, Territory and local governments (including their various Departments); and
- other non-government COVID-19 related initiatives.
This letter is an addendum to the terms of our existing engagement letter and sets out the terms and scope of the additional services to be provided to your family group (the Group), in relation to COVID-19 assistance measures, as well as our fees for performing these services.
1.Purpose and scope of engagement
This addendum letter extends the purpose and scope of our existing engagement to include any services provided by us in relation to any COVID-19 assistance measures administered by the ATO, a State or Territory revenue or other authority or any other entity or organisation.
The services may relate to, but are not limited to, assistance available under:
- the Coronavirus Economic Response Package (Payments and Benefits) Rules 2020; namely, the JobKeeper Scheme;
- the Boosting Cash Flow for Employers (Coronavirus Economic Response Package) Act 2020; namely, cash flow boosts for employers; and/or
- Subregulation 6.19B of the Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Regulations 1994; namely, early release of benefits on compassionate ground – Coronavirus.
2.Details of services to be provided
The specific services to be provided may include, but are not limited to:
- advising about an entity’s entitlement to the assistance;
- attending to preparation and lodgment of applications for assistance;
- attending to any ongoing reporting requirements to remain eligible for the assistance;
- advising about an entity’s liability to repay any overpayments of assistance; and
- advising about seeking a review of a decision about an entity’s entitlement to assistance.
Page Break3.Fees and charges
Our services will be provided to you on a fee for service basis.
4.Early release of superannuation advice
We do not hold an Australian financial services (AFS) licence and we are not an authorised representative of an AFS licence holder.
However, we are temporarily permitted under Section 6(1) of the ASIC Corporations (COVID-19 – Advice-related Relief) Instrument 2020/355 (the Instrument) to give advice to existing clients about the COVID-19 Early Release Scheme (the COVID-19 advice) without needing to hold an AFS licence or be a representative of an AFS licence holder.
For the purposes of this Registered Tax Agent Licensing Relief, we confirm that:
- the Group was an existing client as at 14 April 2020;
- the COVID-19 advice is from unsolicited contact;
- our maximum fee for the COVID-19 advice is $300 (per client); and
- we will retain a Record of Advice (ROA) of the COVID-19 advice, in accordance with the relevant content requirements and will provide you with a copy of the ROA when the advice is provided, or as soon as practicable after (and before any further financial service is provided).
5.Confirmation of engagement
We ask that you consider all aspects of this addendum letter to ensure that you are satisfied with the scope of the additional work to be provided. It is further acknowledged by the Group that any COVID-19 related services already provided before this addendum came into effect, are covered by this addendum letter. Please contact us if you have any queries.
If the terms are acceptable, we ask that each member of the Group (or alternatively, one member of the group that has been duly authorised to act on behalf of the group) sign and date both copies of this addendum letter where indicated. One copy should be forwarded to us. We recommend you attach the other copy to the existing engagement letter, for your records.
We thank you for the opportunity to provide additional services to your Group.